Applications for the NSFAS funding of the 2021 academic year are now open.
CLICK HERE: 2021 NSFAS Application Guidelines
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) requires personal information from agencies relating to the employment status and levels National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) requires personal information from agencies relating to the employment status and level of income of the parents or guardians of the applicant. NSFAS is committed to ensuring that the personal information obtained from third parties is treated confidentially and to protecting the privacy of the persons whose personal information is made available to NSFAS.NSFAS is further committed to protecting personal information and to use that personal information in a lawful manner. You and your parents/guardians are required to provide consent for NSFAS to use and verify the information you provide by signing this form.
Download here: Vulnerable Child Declaration Consent Form
Applicants with disability: NSFAS Disability Annexure A_2021
The below link is a step by step Online Application Process video.
You will need the following to complete your funding application.
When and how to apply for NSFAS?
Online applications (www.nsfas.org.za) from the beginning of August to end of November each year
- Communication is via cell phone, applicants are advised to keep their cell phones
- NSFAS call centre number 0860067327
- Consent form needs applicants and parent/guardian signatures.
What you need to apply for NSFAS?
Certified copies of the following documents
- SA identity document/card or and unabridged birth certificate
- ID’s of parents/guardian or death certificates (where applicable)
- ID’s of each person living with you in your home
- Pay advice/letter of employment/pension advice ( not older than 3 months)
- If you have a disability, please download the disability Annexure A and fill it in