Financial Assistance

Need financial assistance for your studies?

Need financial assistance for your studies? The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) has been established to assist students who have the potential to enrol in NC (V) & Report 191 studies, but would not be able to do so without financial aid.


When and how to apply for NSFAS?

Online applications ( from the beginning of August to end of November each year

  • Communication is via cell phone, applicants are advised to keep their cell phones
  • NSFAS call centre number 0860067327
  • Consent form needs applicants and parent/guardian signatures.


What you need to apply for NSFAS?

Certified copies of the following documents

  • SA identity document/card or and unabridged birth certificate
  • ID’s of parents/guardian or death certificates (where applicable)
  • ID’s of each person living with you in your home
  • Pay advice/letter of employment/pension advice ( not older than 3 months)
  • If you have a disability, please download the disability Annexure A and fill it in